The Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL) is based in Grenoble (France) and operates Europe‘s leading research facility for basic research with neutrons. United by our passion for progress and
technology, we drive science and research forward every day. Together, we can pave the way for discoveries that will help to make our world a better place.
To meet the challenge of designing new materials that are highly functional and recyclable, the potential of more than 50 analytical research infrastructures of the European ARIE network will be harnessed through the project ReMade@ARI funded by the European Commission. Several neutron facilities will be participating in the project to facilitate access to the neutron facilities and to foster research on materials for a Circular Economy.
As part of the programme, three post-doctoral fellows will be recruited for neutron research. Each researcher will be based at one of the three hosting facilities (Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL), SINQ neutron source at the PSI, Switzerland, and ISIS Neutron & Muon Source, UK) but they will be expected to support relevant neutron experiments at the other two facilities, as well as at the FRM2 reactor in Germany and the Budapest Neutron Centre in Hungary. They will be expected to have a spread of neutron technique experience and materials research experience, so they can provide complimentary support to beam time that is allocated as part of the overall programme.
Working at ILL, you will have the opportunity to develop your own personal and collaborative research programmes, to experience other analytical methods that are included within the overall programme, and to work with a variety of research groups from around Europe. Your missions will notably include:
– Supporting external users in performing neutron scattering experiments at European neutron facilities, including proposal creation and providing advice on neutron methods and instruments, assisting with experiments, and supporting data reduction and analysis.
– Conduct a research program in a relevant scientific area.
– Providing general advice on neutron methods and instruments within the overall consortium.
– Presenting work and representing the consortium at conferences and workshops.
– Supporting the coordination of access to neutron facilities within the project.
– You have a PhD in physical sciences (or imminent awarding of).
– Knowledge and experience in science and techniques that use neutrons.
– Demonstrated ability to pursue, or potential to develop, an independent research program using neutrons in a science area relevant to circular economy materials.
– Expertise in computational tools for data analysis and methodologies for materials modelling (eg. first principles, molecular dynamics, etc.).
– Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills in English. Knowledge of French or German would be an advantage.
You must be willing to travel within Europe to assist with experiments at other facilities and for collaboration meetings. Supporting experiments can involve some work out of normal working hours including weekends. The work also requires the willingness and ability to work in a radiation area, and to handle chemicals.
What we offer
Quality of life – A hub for research and technology, the city of Grenoble is ideally located in the heart of the French Alps (just 3 hours from Paris/Provence by train, 1 hour from Lyon international airport and 1 ½ hours from Geneva). It is important for us that our staff achieve a healthy work-life balance. We therefore offer home working (under certain conditions), generous annual paid leave entitlement and a host of other benefits that you will discover when you arrive!
Prospects – We guarantee you a secure 18-month post-doctoral contract, renewable for a further 6 to 18-month period. Only candidates holding a PhD obtained less than 4 years ago are eligible for post-doctoral positions at ILL.
Benefits – We offer generous social benefits (expatriation allowance, excellent health cover), moving and relocation assistance (under certain conditions) and an annual productivity bonus. We also offer language courses for you and your partner and subsidies for the use of public transport and the staff canteen, as well as for holidays and a variety of cultural and sports activities.
Ak potrebujete viac informácií o krajine, nájdete ich na našom webe v časti Životné a pracovné podmienky – Francúzsko.
Ak máte záujem o túto pracovnú pozíciu, kliknite na ikonu “POŠLI ŽIVOTOPIS”, vyplňte požadované informácie a pripojte životopis a žiadosť v anglickom jazyku, zoznam publikácií a údaje 3 kontaktných osôb, ktoré vám poskytnú odporúčania vrátane 1 z vášho súčasného zamestnania najneskôr do 09.06.2023.
Po splnení kritérií bude váš životopis postúpený zamestnávateľovi.
EURES poradca: Bc. Mária Polaščíková