(1) Responsible for the up-to-standard work flow in the assigned work area of the Galley and the related administrative tasks, in close cooperation with the Executive Chef.
(2) Food preparation in strict adherence to the given standards.
(3) Ensure all operations are carried out with the utmost economy consistent with the agreed quality and hygiene standards.
(4) Contribution to the food, beverage and consumables orders for the work area in strict adherence to budget-related and other requirements.
(5) Acceptance and checking of deliveries in the assigned work area.
(6) Implementation and checks of the professional, economic storage of all foodstuffs and equipment in compliance with the agreed hygiene and quality standards, with special regard to the compliance with expiry dates.
(7) Strict adherence to all agreed regulations (USPH/HACCP, ISM/ISO, SQM, TUIC Service standards), especially with regard to security, environment and hygiene regulations in his/her area of responsibility.
(8) Safe storage assistance in adverse weather.
(9) Notification and handling of all relevant (unusual) events, such as damages, repairs, security violation etc.
(10) Responsible for equipment set ups as well as storing of goods and equipment up to standard.
(11) Preparation and regular checks of logs and check lists.
(12) Planning, organisation, documentation of inventories.
(13) Examination and control of stock movements and orders in the area of responsibility.
(14) Instruction, training, and supervision of the assigned crew (including documentation).
(15) Duty roster planning.
(16) Personnel reviews.
(17) Special events assistance.
(18) Cleaning/sanitizing of the work area (incl. utensils + equipment), using the PPE (personal protective equipment).
(19) In special case loading and suitcase service assistance.
(20) Always aims at continuous improvement.
(21) Active implementation of the philosophy behind the product.
Constant improvement of the work flow and standards, including input for manuals and regulations