The Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL), situated in Grenoble, France, is Europe’s leading research facility for fundamental research using neutrons. United by our passion for progress and technology, we drive science and research forward every day. Together, we can pave the way for discoveries that will help to make our world a better place.
The Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL), situated in Grenoble, France, is Europe’s leading research facility for fundamental research using neutrons. The ILL hosts over 2000 visits by scientists per year, who come to carry out world-class research. Are you interested in taking up a new challenge in our international institute?
Under the responsibility of the Head of the Site Security and Protection Service (SSP), which is part of the ILL’s Reactor Division, you will help to ensure the safety and security of persons and property on the site. As a member of the Site Security and Protection team, you will assist in the surveillance of the various secured areas on the ILL site and will work in collaboration with the shift teams in the reactor control room.
Your duties will be to:
• Perform CCTV site surveillance and alarm handling from the Security PCs.
• Take the appropriate response actions to the situations encountered (triggered alarms or security events).
• Perform surveillance on the installations.
• Request assistance from and guide specialist emergency services or intervention teams.
• Issue site access authorisations and carry out entry and exit controls at different ILL locations.
• Conduct security patrols.
• Act as a first responder in the event of a fire and liaise with external emergency services.
• Take action upon request by the emergency services or provide assistance to victims.
• Perform various alarm verifications.
• Process and relay site-security-related information and fill in the service logbook.
• Take part in the periodic tests and inspections for which the Site Security and Protection Service is responsible.
• Facilitate access as appropriate to the different zones for visitors, researchers and scientists within the responsibility of the SSP.
Your working hours
You will be required to work staggered hours (shifts of 12 hours 15 minutes), alternating day and night shifts, including the weekend. In the event of a crisis, you will also have to perform an emergency response role outside of your usual responsibilities to manage the crisis.